- The risk of falling increases with age.
- Two-thirds of those who experience a fall will fall again within six months.
- A decrease in bone density contributes to falls and resultant injuries.
- Failure to exercise regularly results in poor muscle tone, decreased strength, and loss of bone mass and flexibility. All contribute to falls and the severity of injury due to falls.
- At least one-third of all falls involve environmental hazards in the home.
- Falls are the leading cause of death from injury among people 65 or over
Read fall prevention tips at: http://www.ncoa.org/press-room/fact-sheets/falls-prevention-fact-sheet.html
Questions? Call us at 877.299.STEP or Contact us today
Steffani Dubats JD, Executive Director, Sales Satisfaction, Second Step, Inc.
Please visit www.secondstepinc.com to find out more about the results oriented, clinically proven Gait Harness System® (GHS) and NEW Gait Harness System® II (GHSII). Many severely injured individuals who are using the GHS, and who were unable to walk in the 5, 10 and 20 plus years post their injuries, are now beginning to stand and walk again for the first time. The GHS helps individuals regain healthy functioning after challenges due to spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, stroke, cerebellar degeneration, orthopedic, neurological, lower extremity amputation, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and other ambulation, gait and balance rehabilitation issues. The GHS is used world-wide in a broad spectrum of out-patient, in-patient, and home enriched environments. Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/walknews Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eugene-OR/Second-Step-Inc-Helping-People-Walk-Again/103792771475